6/28/2009

ROLE Magazine - “Work it! Work it!” Snapping Pics in SL

Posted by Leeza Catteneo |

ROLE Magazine - Gadgets & Know How

ROLE Magazine contributor Aldwyn Zanzibar is a man of many talents and interests. With his monthly ROLE Magazine column on gadgets and electronics Al has covered many relevant topics for SL residents. In our current issue, Al demystifies client camera controls and provides tips for those of you wanting to start snapping pictures in-world.

"Growing up, I loved photography. I played with cameras all the time. Unfortunately, the cost to develop pictures was more than my allowance could bear, so I was limited in how many photos I could take. Also, I got a bit tired of always carrying a camera around, because they were NOT small back then. Always having to be careful with it, making sure I didn’t lose it, was more of a pain then a joy. That was when I stopped doing a lot of photography. Even with the digital cameras out now, I still find myself not wanting to carry a good camera around all the time. Granted, I have a 3 megapixel camera in my phone, and it takes pretty damned good pictures, it’s not quite the same as having a high-quality digital camera at your disposal all the time. I used to dream about having a camera in my eye. If I saw something I wanted a picture of, I could just blink and PRESTO! The moment I wanted to capture is caught! My dream has finally been realized, and wouldn’t you know it, my dream came true in Second Life?"

[click here to continue reading]

Tip: When viewing, click the icons above the images to view full screen
Tip: When viewing, click the icons above the images to view full screen

0 comments: